+ Trả lời Chủ đề

Chủ đề: English for Lovers

Trang 2 của 2 Đầu tiênĐầu tiên 1 2
Kết quả 11 đến 15 của 15
    Vượt ngàn trùng sóng obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan's Avatar
    Ngay tham gia
    Aug 2008
    Bài viết

Re: English for Lovers

Chừa chỗ viết sau
    Lần sửa cuối bởi obaasan, ngày 17-02-2016 lúc 01:12 PM.
    Woman of short-lived passions

Vượt ngàn trùng sóng obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan has a reputation beyond repute obaasan's Avatar
    Ngay tham gia
    Aug 2008
    Bài viết

Talk about yourself to a date

This shouldn't be too hard on you, right? Topics to talk about with your crush include exchanging personal information, but don't make it a question and answer session. Talk about yourself - your childhood, interesting holiday vacations you had, and what do you prefer doing in your free time. The more information he has about you, more comfortable he feels and is more likely to share his personal stories with you - which is what you want in the first place, for him to open up and talk to you.

Chuyện này đâu có khó với bạn, phải không? Đề tài trò chuyện với người mình mê sẽ có kể về mình, nhưng đừng biến nó thành một buổi vấn đáp. Hãy nói về mình - thời thơ ấu, những kỳ nghỉ mình vui thích, mình làm gì khi tành. Càng biết nhiều về bạn, người ấy sẽ càng thấy thoải mái hơn, và sẽ kể cho bạn nghe về mình hơn - điều bạn mong mỏi ngay từ đầu: người ấy cởi mở và tâm sự với bạn.

Getting to sweet things to say to your crush is much easier once you get off the neutral topics and move on to something that is more about having fun and spending a good time. Is some holiday approaching? Halloween, New Year and similar holidays offer plenty of fun and interesting conversation topics - where will you go, what mask are you planning to wear, these topics will let you chat away and learn a bit about what he likes or dislikes. Don't make it a Q&A session, but you can discuss some of the events that the holiday covers. Talking about hot movies that are about to hit the theatres will give you some insight into what kind of movies he likes watching. If you do well here, you can even get yourself a date - a friendly date maybe, if your crush is kind of oblivious to subtle romance signals, but a date nonetheless.

Make his tastes your tastes and vice versa

Discussing a local music event can quickly turn into discussing your and his tastes in music. Talking about fun places to go on a vacation can turn into comparing locations you've already visited and where have you had most fun at. You may even discover you've visited the same places and liked the same things! This is not all about events and locations, you can steer the conversation in the direction of drinks and food - the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and guys are just juvenile men. Again, this is a good chance to set up a date - visiting a place with good food together is a very sneaky way for you to get yourself a date and give yourself more opportunities to impress him. Guilty pleasures - now that's a personal topic that is always fun to discuss and that lets you open up to him and get him to open up more. Touching on personal topics has another side benefit, asides from getting closer together - you have a reason to split away from the group and to have the conversation in a more private environment. Note that privacy doesn't mean you are in your or his personal residence when talking - you can find privacy even in the classroom, in a park, or on the street - what you want is a way to talk to him without interference from other people, people just minding their own business are not in your way, even if you are shy.

Lần sửa cuối bởi obaasan, ngày 16-02-2016 lúc 05:02 PM.

Ngay tham gia
    Aug 2008
    Bài viết

Do compliment him, don't make him feel awkward -give him compliments without making him uncomfortable.

Most guys - especially teen guys - can't resist a chance to boast about something they did. It may be something as minor as a victory in his favorite game or something as impressive as getting an award at the school's science fair - getting a compliment from a girl is an ego boost that every guy can appreciate, and he's sure to take note of you. Don't overdo it! But a compliment here and there can definitely boost your chances of getting a guy to like you back.
    Lần sửa cuối bởi obaasan, ngày 16-02-2016 lúc 05:03 PM.

Ngay tham gia
    Aug 2008
    Bài viết

Romantic Things to Say to Your Lover
    Những lời lãng mạn trao người yêu

Things to Say During a Candlelight Dinner - Khi đang dùng bữa tối dưới ánh nến

• I love the way the light shines off of your beautiful eyes. Anh thích ánh nến long lanh trong đôi mắt đẹp của em.
    • I could stay here forever with you. No one else exists right now. Anh có thể ở đây mãi mãi bên em. Chẳng còn ai khác trên đời lúc này nữa.
    • The food is delicious, but the company is even better. Thức ăn ngon nhưng người ngồi bên anh còn ngon hơn.
    • You are the perfect date. Let's hang out again everyday for the rest of our lives. Hẹn hò với em thật tuyệt. Mình hãy ở bên nhau mỗi ngày cho ̣đến cuối đời em nhé.
    • I can't think of a more perfect evening...good food, a bottle of wine, and you. Chẳng thể có đêm nào tuyệt như đêm nay ... thức ăn ngon, rượu ngon và em.
    • All day long I've been dreaming about having this dinner with you. Cả ngày anh chỉ mơ được ăn tối bên em thế này.
    • I don't need any dessert, I have you. Anh không cần món tráng miệng, có em rồi.
    • The dinner is wonderful, but the best part is being alone with you. Bữa tối đêm nay thật tuyệt, nhưng hay nhất là được một mình bên em.
    • I don't care what's on the menu as long as I'm looking at it with you. Cùng em chọn món thì món gì cũng được.
    • Food feeds the body, but love feeds the soul. Thức ăn nuôi dưỡng cơ thể, còn tình yêu nuôi dưỡng tinh thần.
    • You're just like a fine wine...my eyes could drink you in all night. Em như ly rượu nồng, mắt anh có thể ăn tươi nuốt sống em cả đêm.
    Things to Say While Snuggling - Khi đang ngồi bên nhau

• I love holding you/being in your arms. Anh thích được ôm em trong vòng tay.
    • I feel completely comfortable with you. Anh cảm thấy hết sức dễ chịu bên em.
    • It is so nice having you next me. It's like a dream come true. Có em bên anh thật tuyệt, như giấc mơ đã thành sự thật.
    • Nothing else matters but us together in this moment. Chẳng còn gì quan trọng trên đời này nữa khi ta ở bên nhau giây phút này.
    • Every time I wrap my arms around you, it's like coming home to where I belong. Mỗi lần vòng tay ôm em, cứ như thể anh đã về tổ ấm.
    • All I want to do is lay here in your arms and listen to your beautiful heart beat. Anh chỉ muốn nằm đây trong vòng tay em và lắng nghe tiếng tim em đập dịu dàng.
    • I never feel complete until we're holding each other again. Chỉ khi được ôm em , anh mới thấy trọn vẹn.
    • Mmm...you smell wonderful. Em thơm quá.
    • I just want to wrap my arms around you, and let the world drift away. Anh chỉ muốn vòng tay ôm em, mặc kệ đời.
    • I think you were made to fit perfectly in my arms. Anh thấy em vừa khít trong vòng tay anh.
    Things to Say When Out and About - Khi làm chuyện thường ngày

• Say nothing. Just catch his or her eye and give your brightest smile. Đừng nói gì, chỉ nhìn chàng/nàng và cười tươi rạng rỡ.
    • Introduce your lover as "the love of my life." Then say "I really mean it" quietly in his or her ear. Giới thiệu người ấy "tình yêu của đời tôi" . Rồi nói nhỏ vào tai chàng/nàng "Thật đấy"
    • Call your lover a pet name that only the two of you know about. Đặt cho người yêu một tên cưng nựng chỉ hai người biết.
    • Point out something you pass by, and tell your lover how it reminds you of a romantic time you spent together. Chỉ một thứ đi vừa đi qua và cho người yêu biết nó nhắc mình nhớ đến 1 khoảng thời gian lãng mạn bên nhau thế nào.
    • I love going out with you. It gives me a chance to show you off. Anh thích đi chơi với em. Để anh có dịp khoe em.
    • I'm so happy I'm the one who gets to sit beside you. Anh thiệt vui vì là người ngồi cạnh em.
    • Everyone must be envying me for being with you right now. Chắc chắn ai cũng ganh tỵ với anh vì được ở bên em lúc này.
    • When I see someone else admiring you, it makes my heart swell with pride to know that you're mine. Khi thấy người nào ngưỡng mộ em, là tim anh nở phồng tự hào vì em là của anh.
    • How did I ever get so lucky to be dating you? Sao anh lại may mắn được em yêu thế này.
    • Right now, I am the envy of every man/woman here just because I'm with you. Lúc này ai ở đây cũng ganh với anh vì anh đi cùng em.
    Things to Say in Love Notes - Trong thư tình

• I smile every time I think of you. When I see you that smile gets even bigger. Nghĩ đến em là anh mỉm cười. Thấy em anh càng toe toét hơn.
    • You are the most important person in my life, now and always. Em là người quan trọng nhất đời anh, bây giờ và mãi mãi.
    • I miss your kisses. Come home soon! Nhớ nụ hôn của em. Về sớm nhé.
    • You are my soulmate. Em là tri kỷ của lòng anh.
    • In all my life, I never believed I'd find a love like this. Cả cuộc đời anh chưa từng nghĩ mình lại tìm thấy một tình yêu thế này.
    • As hard as I try, words really aren't enough to express how I feel about you. Càng cố thì anh càng không đủ lời để mô tả cảm xúc anh dành cho em.
    • I plan on writing you love notes for the rest of our lives. Anh định viết thư tình cho em đến cuối cuộc đời.
    • The word "love" just isn't big enough to describe my feelings for you. Từ "yêu" không đủ để mô tả tình cảm anh dành cho em.
    • I never dreamed I'd write a love note to anyone...until I met you. Anh chưa từng nghĩ mình lại viết thư tình cho ai ... cho đến khi gặp em.
    • No one else can take your place. I can't wait to see you again. Chẳng ai thay thế em được. Mong gặp lại em lắm.
    • I'm my best self when I'm with you. Chỉ bên em, anh mới thật là anh.
    Things to Say on Valentine's Day - Vào ngày lễ tình nhân.

• Every Valentine's Day would be perfect if I could spend them all with you. Lễ tình nhân chỉ hoàn hảo khi anh ở bên em.
    • I want to make your life so wonderful that every day will feel like Valentine's Day. Anh muốn đời em ngày nào cũng tuyệt như ngày tình nhân.
    • You make everyday feel like Valentine's Day. Em làm ngày nào cũng giống ngày tình nhân.
    • One day a year just isn't enough to show you how special you are to me. Một ngày không đủ cho em thấy em đặc biệt thế nào đối với anh.
    • You fill my heart with so much love. Em làm tim anh chất chứa yêu thương.
    • I used to dread Valentine's Day until I found you. Now I wish it was everyday. Trước đây khi chưa có em, anh sợ lễ tình nhân. Giờ anh ước ngày nào cũng là ngày tình nhân cả.
    • I used to dream about finding the love of my life, and here you are. Anh vẫn mơ tìm được tình yêu của đời mình, và giờ anh đã có em.
    • This day would have absolutely no meaning without you. Không có em thì ngày này vô nghĩa.
    • Candy and flowers aren't enough. Let me give you my heart. Nến và hoa chẳng đủ, hãy để anh trao em trái tim này.
    • There was a time when I thought I'd never have someone to share this day with. You made me believe in love again. Có lúc anh nghĩ mình chẳng đời nào có ai chia sẻ ngày tình nhân này. Em làm anh tin vào tình yêu trở lại.

http://dating.lovetoknow.com/Romantic_Things_to_Say_to_Your_Lover

"My days are empty without you by my side."
    "I can't say I love you because what I feel inside is more than love."
    "I don't think it's possible to feel more love than I have for you."
    "My feelings are so strong that even when we are apart, I think you can feel my love for you."
    "In the cold lonely night, the sound of your name comforts me."
    "My eyes are fixed on your picture when we are apart."
    "I take you everywhere with me. In my heart you are there."
    "I love you more than I love life. You mean more to me than you can understand."
    "I want you so much. I need you so much. I love you so much."

"I think I'm in love. Whenever I'm not with you, I feel so weak."
    "I can't think of anything besides you."
    "You are the first thing on my mind, and the last thing before I sleep. Even in my sleep, I am with you."
    "I find myself banging a wall controlled by a strong desire to be with you."

I will never forget the way that my hand felt in yours, the way that your lips awoke a sense of vibrancy in the depths of my soul. I will never forget the joys in the simplicity of our moments together. I will never settle for anything less than what we had.

Read more at http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/wo...F8yIfY7l8el.99

Lần sửa cuối bởi obaasan, ngày 16-02-2016 lúc 04:54 PM.

Ngay tham gia
    Aug 2008
    Bài viết

Related Vocabulary for Intermediate level.

Phrasal Verbs

• ASK sb OUT: To ask someone if they’d like to go on a date with you.
    • CHAT sb UP: To talk to someone in a way that shows you’re attracted to them.
    • CHEAT ON sb: To have sex with a person who’s not your boyfriend or girlfriend; wife or husband.
    • GO OUT WITH sb: If you go out with someone (the infinitive use of the verb) it means you are literally going somewhere with the person you’re attracted to (going out on a date most commonly). If you’re going out with someone (the gerund form of the verb) it means that you’ve been meeting with that person on repeated occasions, you’re getting to know each other.

• HIT ON sb: To act in a way that shows you’re attracted to the other person. It’s similar to chatting someone up, but hitting on someone might include other forms of flirting like getting a bit more physical than normal (jokingly punching her/him, touching hands, a lot of hugging, etc.), or giving the other person sexy, provocative looks.
    • HOOK UP with sb: To have sex with someone. However, for some people it might mean anywhere from making out to sex. Click here to learn about more ways to use the word hook.
    • LEAD sb ON: To cause someone to think that you are interested in them when you are not (either because you want the attention or to get something)
    • MAKE OUT with sb: To heavily kiss. Can also include touching and petting.
    • MAN UP: Not really specifically a dating phrasal verb, but it’s what a guy would tell his friend when he doesn’t have enough courage to ask a girl out or make a move.
    • PICK UP sb: To have a make out session or have sex with a girl you just met, generally at a pub, bar or night club.
    • STAND sb UP: (most commonly used as to GET STOOD UP) if you stand someone up, you don’t show up to a date.
    • TURN sb DOWN: to say no to a date invitation, or to reject any kind of romantic intention from someone

Verbs

• To date sb: to be going out with a person.
    • Drool over sb: to look or stare at someone with obvious desire.
    • Flirt: To show through actions, words or attitudes that you like someone.
    • Ogle: To look or stare at someone in a way that shows you’re sexually interested in that person.
    • Reject: To say no to a romantic invitation. To turn someone down.
    • Tease: to playfully and jokingly make fun of and provoke someone because you’re attracted to that person. ‘A tease’ is also a woman who leads men on.
    • To be seeing sb: to be going out with a person in whom you’re interested in getting to know better to find out if he or she is a good match for you. Similar to to be going out with someone or to date someone.
    • Wink at sb: Wink at sb: To close one eye while looking at a person (girls usually do this) to insinuate sexual attraction or because they want to look sexy. It’s not specifically a dating term, but it’s usually associated with seduction.

Verb Phrases

• Build up courage: this is not just related to dating, but it’s what you need to do if you want to ask someone out. You need to gather courage if you feel nervous or awkward about talking to a girl you like. >> I’m going to take her to dance, but I just need a few moments to build up some courage.
    • Get laid: This is one of the most common colloquial ways to say ‘to have sex’ or ‘to sleep with someone’. You can say this expression among friends but you need to be more careful when you’re talking with people you don’t know very well. To have sex with and to sleep with someone are far more appropiate alternatives when you’re not sure you should use this expression.
    • Have a crush on sb: To be attracted to a woman or a man over a period of time. This expression is pretty common and can be used in almost every context and by different age groups since it’s also innocent and playful.
    • Have good game: (also got game) To have a good technique and way of seducing and chatting up girls.
    • Have an affair: The same as to cheat on someone, but less informal.
    • Have chemistry with sb: To have very good energy. You vibe with them either personally or sexually. (Also, to have a spark).
    • to be heads over heel for sb: A different way of saying you have fallen in love with someone. >> When I was a kid I was head over heels with my neighbor.
    • Make advances at sb: (also to advance on someone) To say or do things that will get you closer to kissing or sleeping with someone (usually a man to a woman)
    • Make eyes at sb: To stare at someone because you like him or her. (to drool over)
    • Play hard to get: If a girl plays hard to get, they resist getting seduced easily to make the man more interested.
    • Pull moves on: Similar to make advances on someone. If you pull moves on a girl, you attempt to get further in the dating process by saying or doing the things that would seduce her.

People

• Baby: (Go here for more ways of saying ‘beautiful’) A term used to address your significant other. Baby girl is also common. However, sometimes we say baby after an exclamation, and we’re not necessarily addressing anyone, for example: “It’s party time, baby!”
    • Chick: Men use this term to talk about women in the third person. Addressing a woman as ‘chick’ would be considered disrespectful. This word can be derogative, and men generally use it to express sexual attraction. However, with the right tone of voice it can have much less negative connotation.
    • Cutie: A nice, innocent way to refer to a good-looking girl. Click here to find out about more ways to say beautiful.
    • Creep (or creeper): A guy who likes a girl and tries way too hard to catch the girl’s attention, making the girl feel uncomfortable and totally uninterested in him.
    • Friend with benefit: A guy or girl who you’re not dating, but with whom you have a sexual relationship.
    • Fuck buddy: A more vulgar way of saying ‘friends with benefits.’
    • Jailbait: An extremely sexy-looking girl that you can’t legally have sex with because she’s younger than 18 (the legal age one can be in a relationship with someone over 18). If you do have sex with a jailbait girl, you might end up in jail. Just like the term suggests, she is a bait (object or piece of food used to attract prey) to jail.
    • Player: A man who is skilled in seduction, and sleeps with many women, especially through manipulation.
    • Significant other: Your boyfriend or girlfriend. People refer to their couple as t ‘significant other’ when they don’t want to disclose their marital status or sexual orientation. (also, partner)
      • Soul mate: The person who is completely ideal for you, and who you would like to marry and spend the rest of your life with.
    • Stud: An attractive, charismatic and popular guy who has no problems finding a girl to sleep with.
    • Type of attractive women: These words refer to the looks (skin and hair color) of women, but doesn’t necessarily mean they’re attractive. However, people do think of attractive women when they hear any of the terms given below.
      • Blondy: A girl with blonde (yellowish) hair.
      • Brunette: A girl with black or brown hair.
      • Readhead: A girl with red hair. People also say ‘ginger’ but this word is sometimes derogative.
    • Wingman: A guy’s friend who helps him find sexual partners, and who would sacrifice himself by accepting to be with an unattractive girl so that his friend can seduce her more attractive friend. A woman’s wingman is another woman that helps her avoid men who are looking for sex.
    • Granade man: A guy who accepts to be with the less attractive girl of a group so that their friends can be with the unattractive girl’s friends.
    • Womanizer: A guy who manipulates women to have sex with him. As opposed to a ‘player’, womanizer is a negative term.

Idioms

• First, second, third base: In the process in which you’re dating someone, first base stands for kissing. Second base is heavy touching above the waist. Third base is touching below the waist or oral sex.
      • Hit a home-run: Finally, a home-run is sex.
    • Hold your horses: This expression can be used in many different contexts, but if you’re hitting on a girl, she might tell you to hold your horses, which means to take your time or not go so fast. This might happen in a early-stage relationship when one of the two people involved is going too fast.
    • Out of one’s league: We say a girl is out of your league when you think she’s too beautiful to possibly want to date you.
    • Take one for the team: To sacrifice oneself for the general good of the team. In the context of a group of guys looking for girls to have sex with, the guy who takes the less attractive girl can be said to be taking one for the team.
    Other Fixed Expressions

• Blind date: A date organized for two people who have never met each other (generally by friends or family)
    • Love at first sight: Love at first sight is when you fall in love with someone you just met or saw.
    • One night stand: To have sex with someone with no intention of talking to that person again.
    • Single and ready to mingle: This is what people might say when they’re single. ‘To mingle’ means ‘to socialize’ and when someone says this, he or she implies that he’s interested in getting to know people.

General

• Catcall: (also sometimes referred to as wolf whistle) The whistle men make when they see a sexy-looking girl on the street.
    • Deal-breaker: Something that causes you to not want to continue dating someone. You might like a person, but a deal-breaker is something that you can’t accept in them, and therefore you decide to stop seeing them. For example, for many people it is a deal-breaker when they find out that the person smokes.
    • Flirtatious remark: A playful and sometimes innocent thing
    • you say to a person you’re attracted to.
    • Pick up line: A line guys say to show they’re sexually or romantically interested in a girl.
    • Pushy: A guy is pushy when he’s too insistent about being with a girl, and doesn’t know how to take his time.
    • Sexting: Derivative from texting. Sexting is sending nude pictures or having a sexual conversation with someone via messages on the phone.
    • Smoking hot: A girl that is extremely hot (sexy)
    There you have it. 70 words and expressions relating to dating, relationships and other related vocabulary. Something you should keep in mind is that many of these terms are informal and even slang, and therefore you should be careful with whom you use this vocabulary. Also, some words and expressions might objectify women, so be be prudent with the context and ALWAYS respect women.

http://reallifeglobal.com/datinginenglish/

+ Trả lời Chủ đề
Trang 2 của 2 Đầu tiênĐầu tiên 1 2
Quyền viết bài
  • Bạn Không thể gửi Chủ đề mới
  • Bạn Không thể Gửi trả lời
  • Bạn Không thể Gửi file đính kèm
  • Bạn Không thể Sửa bài viết của mình